How should I care for my candle?
- Light the candle on a flat surface
- Keep away from pets and children
- Burn your candle on a heat-resistant surface, away from drafts
- Do not leave the candle unattended
- Do not touch or move the candle when lit, as the tin or glass will get very hot
- When first burning your candle, I recommended burning it for 1-4 hours, depending on the container size, to ensure a good melt pool and a longer burn. This will prevent "tunnelling" which is when the melt pool doesn't reach the edge of the container.
- Before relighting your candle, make sure to trim your wick to approximately 5mm. This is especially important for a wood wick. Make sure to trim of the black sooty end off, this will help maintain a steady flame.
Can I add a gift message to my order?
Of course! Just add your message in the notes box at checkout and I will put a gift message card in with your order at no extra cost. If your order is going direct to its recipient, let me know and I won't add your order form containing the prices.
My flame is too small/large, what should I do?
An easy fix for this is to blow out your candle, trim the wick and relight.
If your candle has started to to tunnel, and the wick is drowning in liquid wax, wait for your candle to reharden. You can then scoop out some of the excess wax and put it in the bin.
My candle has reset with a bumpy surface and white patches?
All my products are made from 100% soy wax. Soy wax can cause things such as an uneven surface and cracks. It can also cause "frosting", which is a white pattern on the wax. This is just the nature of soy wax and it doesn't effect the scent or burn of the candle. It also proves that the wax I'm using is 100% pure soy wax.
Why do you use soy wax?
Soy wax burns cleaner than regular paraffin wax. It produces very little to no soot, which is a common issue from shop-brought paraffin wax candles. Soy wax also produces no harmful chemicals, and has few emissions. This soy wax is also 100% vegan and biodegradable. Soy wax is known for being better for the environment, better for people with asthma and better for use around pets.
Soy wax was discovered in 1991 as an alternative to paraffin wax. Paraffin wax was discovered in 1850, made from petroleum, a waxy by-product of the crude oil refining process.
Are your products Vegan?
Yes, all my products are Vegan. However, the wax seals used in the candle packaging contains Beeswax. If you would prefer your order to be completely Vegan, type "paper tape" in the notes box at checkout, and I will wrap your order using paper tape, instead of a wax seal.
Do you ship outside of the UK?
Currently I only ship to the countries inside the UK. I'm not planning to expand this anytime soon as the sipping rates are very expensive, which I don't want to have to put to my customers.
Do you do custom or bulk orders?
Yes, if you are interested in something particular then do get in touch and I'll see what I can do. I have previously completed a very large bulk order of 1000 Jar Candles for the NHS Junior Doctors during the pandemic. I loved doing this and would be happy to create something for you.